FIVE STAR CLASSROOMS shift the focus from teaching to learning. The classroom is student-centered.
- Teaching to the “Whole Child” is most important; the student must feel safe and secure in the environment for learning to occur. Trust and relationship begin the foundation for an effective learning environment.
- Multiple Intelligences – the students learn in different ways, multiple opportunities will be provided for students to achieve success.
- Differentiated Instruction – teaching and learning will be customized for the students’ needs.
- Bloom’s Taxonomy – higher level, critical-thinking skills will be implemented.
- Authentic Assessments – portfolios, conferencing, presentations, projects, and speeches will serve as additional evaluation tools to traditional quizzes and tests.
When the students enter the “FIVE STAR CLASSROOMS” the highly-qualified teachers, the State standard- aligned curriculum, the supplemental resources, the learning centers, and the authentic assessments will provide multiple opportunities for students to achieve success. The “FIVESTAR CLASSROOMS” will enhance student performance, increase student achievement, and failure will not be an option!